Why You MUST Record As You Write Songs: 6 ReasonsSep 04, 2021
I used to write songs the old fashioned way.
I’d go to my piano or grab my guitar, head to an isolated part of the house late at night and write in a dark corner.
Ok, not always in an actual dark corner. But it also wasn’t uncommon.
But then I realized that there are 6 critical reasons why it’s better to do all that also in front of the computer- recording as I write.
So now I always record songs as I write them. It has helped my creativity, efficiency, effectiveness, and more.
Let’s jump in and talk about the 6 reasons you MUST record as you write songs.
Complete Home Studio Gear For Under $250:
1. DAW: Reaper ($0)
2. USB Audio Interface: PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 ($100)
3. XLR Cable: 6ft AmazonBasics XLR Cable ($8)
5. Headphones: AKG Pro Audio K72 Closed-Back Studio Headphones ($50)
6. Microphone Stand: AmazonBasics Tripod Boom Microphone Stand ($25)
7. Pop Filter: EJT Upgraded Microphone Pop Filter ($10)
DISCLAIMER: I Am an affiliate of some brands referenced on this site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Start Songwriting right now...
Get my free guide on 10 different ways to start writing a song!